👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Drag and Drop Quiz Alternative

Options
Chelsey.Y.865
Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱

I have a number of drag and drop quizzes that I have to modify since this isn't an available quiz in D2L.

What type of quiz would be the best alternative? I don't like the fill in the blank quizzes because it becomes a spelling test. (I also don't think the spell check feature is convenient). Please let me know if there is a way of entering multiple answers (ie: for variations of spelling).

Matching doesn't work because each number has two answers — essentially like a 9.A and a 9.B I can't alter the answer format because it corresponds to a video.

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

Answers

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 242 🌟
    Options

Short Answer type questions allow you to input multiple correct answers, to account for spelling variations. They also allow multiple blanks that require a distinct set of answers (not to be confused with Multi-Short Answer type questions that work differently.) Check out the Creating Question Library questions page for a description of each type.

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱
    Options

Thanks Jennifer :)

I would like to see an example of each type of question. Is there such a thing?

The Short Answer questions have to be marked manually, is that correct? What I like about a drag and drop quiz is it can be self marking, but doesn't require perfect spelling. I hope that D2L has plans for drag and drop quizzes in the future. Is there a place for giving feedback?