Why doesn't Chrome Android display any custom styles for HTML pages?

Options

We use the Brightspace LMS learning platform at our university. Since the last update of the Brightspace Pulse app for mobile experiences it shows web content using your default browser app (Chrome Android in my case) instead of the Pulse embedded web browser.

However, the web content doesn't display any custom styles when opened in Chrome Android, as shown in figure 1

When I open the same page in Firefox Android the custom styles are displayed, as shown in figure 2.

Moreover, the custom styles are also shown when opening these pages in either Chrome, Firefox and Edge for desktops.

Thus it seems specific for Chrome Android

I already cleared browser history, cookies and cache, but to no avail. In Chrome Android the custom styles still aren't displayed.

Anyone experiencing the same problems of even have a solution?

The HTML page head tag is as follows:

<!doctype html>

<html lang="nl">

<head>

<!-- Required meta tags -->

<meta charset="utf-8">

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no">

<!-- Bootstrap CSS -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../_assets/thirdpartylib/bootstrap-4.6.2/css/bootstrap.min.css">

<!-- Font Awesome CSS -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../_assets/thirdpartylib/fontawesome-free-6.1.1-web/css/all.min.css">

<!-- Lightbox2-2.11.3 CSS -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../_assets/thirdpartylib/lightbox2-2.11.3/css/lightbox.css">

<!-- Template CSS -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../_assets/css/styles.min.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../_assets/css/custom.css">

<!-- DO NOT EDIT CODE ABOVE THIS LINE -->

<title>Blank Page</title>

<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="../_assets/favicons/favicon.ico">

</head>

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 459 admin
    Options

Hi @Arman.Vinck9547 ,
    We'd like to take a closer look at this issue with a support case.
    May I trouble you to connect open a support case with your school's help desk including this information?

• Arman.V.176
    Arman.V.176 Posts: 20 🌱
    Options

Hi @Stefanie Bal729 After the latest Chrome Update (Android) the Brightspace HTML content pages are displayed using the stylesheet. Thus, the problem has been solved.

Still, I prefer that the content pages open within the Pulse app instead of the default browser, as was done before the latest Pulse update

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 459 admin
    Options

Hi @Arman.Vinck9547 it's important feedback for us- and I appreciate your update too.
    I've passed this feedback along to our Content and Mobile Teams- truly appreciate your taking the time to let us know.