Brightspace Pulse doesn't show HTML pages anymore since last update

Options
Arman.V.176
Arman.V.176 Posts: 19 🌱

Hi,

Until recently I could open HTML topic pages in the Pulse app without problems. Nowadays, the pulse app opens the HTML pages, but it looks like desktop view with sidebar and options to add new content and stuff, as shown in figure 1.

Figure 1.

Before it showed the HTML page as a webpage with specific styles and so fort, as shown in figure 2.

Anyone experiences the same problems? Or does anybody know what's going on here?

Kind regards,

Arman

Answers

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 280 admin
    Options

Hi @Arman.Vinck9547 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Brightspace Community.

You are correct! Web content in Pulse will now launch using your default browser app instead of the Pulse embedded web browser. Launching web content using a default browser, such as Chrome, will improve the handling of LTI integrations and allow you to leverage default browser capabilities such as saving passwords or opening links to other applications.

You can read more about the updates and changes to Pulse in our February Release Notes.

• Arman.V.176
    Options

@Julie Low558 Thank you for your reply. Indeed, webcontent now opens in the default browser app. Apparently, it has LTI integration benefits. However, using the Pulse app now to look at web content has a desktop/laptop experience of Brightspace and not an app experience anymore. I find this suboptimal, albeit I'm aware of the aforementioned benefits.

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 280 admin
    Options

@Arman.Vinck9547 ,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here!

I've connected further with our Pulse experts and, as a troubleshooting measure, we recommend opening it in Chrome on your device. We'd be curious to hear of what this experience is like for you.

If you're experience continues to be troublesome, we would recommend opening a support case so that our folks can have a closer look at your use case.

• Socrates.Anastasiou8650
    Options

@Julie Low558

Has something changed since February?

I can now see the old app-native User Interface has returned (better User Experience if you ask me).

Thanks

• Arman.V.176
    Options

@Julie Low558 Apparently so, since through some magical intervention the old UI has returned!

Regards :)