Prohibit repeat questions

Options

Is there a function to prohibit quizzes from repeating a question? My quiz/exam is randomized and scenario based. It has several scenarios and question pools. The scenarios relate to more than one pool, so I want to ask it to pull from multiple pools; however, other scenarios will also pull from overlapping pools, so I need to be sure learners won't get the same question twice on an exam. Is there a function for this, or does the quiz tool do this automatically?

Answers

• Andrea.B.236
    Andrea.B.236 Posts: 179 admin
    Options

Hi @Shonelle.Wilkinson7789 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Brightspace Community!

This is a great question. The quiz tool should prohibit questions from duplicating, as they quiz will recognize that question as "Already Imported". Similar questions can still appear, but duplicates should not.

Does this help? If you have any additional questions, please feel welcome to clarify and reach out again!

• Shonelle.W.988
    Shonelle.W.988 Posts: 35 🧭
    Options

Thank you for your response, Andrea. If I'm reading you correctly, questions will not be duplicated on a quiz, even if I I have multiple quiz sections pulling from the same pool?

Shonelle

• Andrea.B.236
    Andrea.B.236 Posts: 179 admin
    Options

Hi @Shonelle.Wilkinson7789 ,

That should be the case, yes! If you have any issues at all, please feel welcome to reach out to us again.