Grade Item Associated to Deleted Dropbox Cannot Be Deleted

Options
Philip.W.864
Philip.W.864 Posts: 6 🌱
edited February 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

We're troubleshooting a course in which grades and feedback will not publish in the gradebook for a dropbox assignment. One quirk in this course is that a grade item is still associated with a deleted dropbox folder. We can't delete that grade item. In fact, it won't let us delete any grade items, perhaps because they are associated with assessments in the course.

How can we clear out this grade item for an assessment we've already deleted?

I just tried get around this by restoring the deleted assessment and removing it from the grade book, but the original grade item is still showing as being associated with its assessment.

Answers

• Jonathan.S.595
    Jonathan.S.595 Posts: 80 🧭
    Options

When you click on the association bubble in the manage grades page it should tell you which assignment or assessment the grade item is linked to.

See if that tells you something different than the one you have deleted/restored.

If that doesn't help you find it you may need to open a support ticket (case) with D2L.

• Philip.W.864
    Options

More context: We have two dropbox assessments to remove from this course, the previously deleted one and an unused one. Both of these have grade items associated with them, and because one of the active assessments isn't publishing grade and feedback to the gradebook, we're trying to clear things out in an effort to solve that.

Update: I created a new grade item and attempted to associate one of these assessments to it and free up the grade item I want to remove. Both the new and the old grade items do not show disassociation. And our attempts to disconnect any of the assessments with their grade items has not worked.

• Philip.W.864
    Options

Thanks, Jonathan. That's how I discovered one of the unneeded grade items was still associated with a deleted dropbox folder.

• Jonathan.S.595
    Jonathan.S.595 Posts: 80 🧭
    Options

No problem. As we discussed on zoom. Your institution will need to start a case for that OU to see what is wrong with that specific offering. Since it is not functioning correctly.