👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

How can I change the old assignment names to the new ones in a learner view?

Options
ya1220
ya1220 Posts: 2 🔍

Hello! I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help with my problem. When I see assignments pages with the learner view, the names of the assignments at the very top shows the old assignment names, not the current ones. But I have no idea how to fix this issue. With the facilitator view, I don't really see the old assignment names. (Actually, I've found in one place but there are not buttons which allow me to change the names.) I just can't figure out how I can change the old assignment names (the names shown at the very top in the learner view) to the new ones (the names in bigger font). Thank you so much in advance!!!

Answers

• Aasim.Y.704
    Aasim.Y.704 Posts: 129 ⏸️ Inactive
    Options

Hi @ya1220,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the Brightspace Community! It seems like the title you are looking to update is the one associated within the Content tool.

If that is the case and you are linking out to the assignment from within the content tool.

1. Navigate to the content item you want to edit.
    2. Click the "Edit" button in the top right corner.
    3. Locate the "Name" field.
    4. Delete the current title and enter the new title you want.
    5. Click the "Save and Close" button to save your changes.

Alternatively, please let us know if this is not the workflow you are referencing in the question. Hope this helps.

• ya1220
    ya1220 Posts: 2 🔍
    Options

Thank you so much for your response! Unfortunately, the solution you provided was not something I was looking for. Please see the picture below. With the way you told me, I can change the assignment name with the bigger font (For example, the part "[Block 1 Grammar Assignment] Introduction" could be changed in the way you told me) However, I don't how how I can change the top part (You see "01 Konnichiwa!" at the top, right? I can't change the old assignment title when I am using the facilitator view, and it stays right there even though I am updating assignment information.) Does this make sense?