Archived Product & Services Previews

Options
Autumn.M.454
Autumn.M.454 Posts: 13 🌱
edited January 2023 in Product News

Hi,

I see that the January Product & Services Preview was just released on the new community (https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/5567-product-and-services-preview). It says it covers Jan-March, but I actually only see March & April in it.

Also, I'm looking for the December Product & Services Preview (since it did have Jan & Feb in it), but I can't seem to locate it. The direct link to it on the legacy community gives an error page (asking to log in- even though I am logged in): https://community.brightspace.com/s/article/000019871. And the link to the general Product & Services Preview on the legacy site takes me to the January Release Page (https://community.brightspace.com/s/article/Product-and-Services-Preview-2022).

Where are the previous Product & Service Preview PDFs being archived? I looked in the Product Blog and didn't see them. Can we have an area created like the Release Notes- with the prior product and services pdfs being put on the left panel? Can there also be a discussion for the Product & Services like there is for the Release Notes so that we can bookmark it and get a notification when they are released on the new community- since I think that is going to be the way to get notifications now?

@Stefanie Bal729, @Mary Mac165

Thanks,

Autumn Moore

autumn.moore@usg.edu

Answers

• Mary.M.343
    Mary.M.343 Posts: 76 admin
    Options

Hi @Autumn_Moore The previous ones were, indeed, archived. It is our intention to only have one Product and Services Preview PDF live at a time. Let me take the feedback about missing Jan/Feb content back to the Release Management team to troubleshoot. I'll post a new PDF if/when that's warranted.

We can likely have a discussion item like the Release Notes to bookmark/get notifications. I'll set that up in the next few days.

Cheers,

MaryMac

• Autumn.M.454
    Options

Thanks! It would be great if we could get those archived for everyone to see- something similar to the Release Notes (with the older versions on the left panel). It would be great if the fix notifications (when they come over to the new community) could do that as well- so we can always look back at previous versions and fixes.

• Mary.M.343
    Options

Hi @Autumn_Moore

I discussed the expectations of the Product and Services preview document with the Project Management and Release Management teams.

The expectation is that as the Product and Services Preview is published in time with Preview Release Notes, the Current month (released at GA) would be the "current" month. The Preview Release Notes would be the "next" month, and the Product and Services preview document would have the two months following that. In the legacy "90 day" parlance, it would be Preview Release Notes + Product and Services for the full 90 day view.

I understand this isn't obvious, so I'm going to work to update the introductory information in the Product and Services preview topic to manage expectations about where to find information.

I hope that is helpful in understanding why the document did not have the months you were expecting to see.

Cheers,

MaryMac

• Autumn.M.454
    Options

@Mary Mac165 Thanks for this explanation. Is there a way to archive the Product and Services (like the Release Notes) on the new/current community?

• Mary.M.343
    Options

@Autumn_Moore Sure is! Here's the link: Product and Services Preview

If you need to browse to it, it's under Resources >Product News >Product Blogs.

• Autumn.M.454
    Options

Hi,

Sorry to ask about this again, but can you all please create a discussion for "Products & Services Preview" so that we can bookmark it and get an email when the new Products & Services Page is updated (just like the process for Release Notes)? It is so helpful to get the email saying that the page has been updated (letting us know to go out there and read it/document it for internal purposes). Or has this already happened and I'm missing the discussion?