Are all recordings made with the Media Library limited to 30 minutes?

Options

Are all videos and audio recordings that are made using the Media Library limited to 30 minutes? I noticed that there is a 30 minute timer when I go into the Media Library to create audio/video content with the new capabilities from the November update. If the limit is 30 minutes, I want to be able to inform my faculty of that.

Answers

• Sarah.W.171
    Options

Hi Kira,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes at this time, Video Notes created from within Media Library/Video Note tool are limited to 30 minutes in length. Previously they were only 3 minutes in length but with the needs of remote learning over the past 2 years we extended it to 30 minutes! You may however upload your own video file that is more than 30 minutes- just not the webcam recording from within Brightspace.

Hope this helps!

• Kira.H.305
    Kira.H.305 Posts: 12 🌱
    Options

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I appreciate your explanation. Another question I have is about the webcam that is used to record from Media Library/Video Note tool - is there a way to choose which webcam is used? I am just thinking of my faculty who have a webcam in their laptop but use an external webcam for higher video quality.

• Aasim.Y.704
    Aasim.Y.704 Posts: 129 ⏸️ Inactive
    Options

Hey @Kira.Hess9137,

Something that I do when prioritizing a particular camera on my windows device is:

To disable all but one camera, forcing Brightspace to use the one remaining camera you have left enabled.

To do this:

1) Press “Windows” + “S” to open the search option and type in “Device Manager”. Click on the link that appears.

2) Once in Device Manager, scroll down the list and look for “Imaging Devices”. Expand the dropdown list and you should see a list of cameras. Right–click on the name of the camera you want to disable and select “Disable device“.

You can easily re-enable the camera later, as needed, using the above steps, but instead choosing "enable device".