Feature request: Text Editor: Highlighter <mark></mark>

I've noticed that the default text editor is missing a highlight function, instead support suggested diving into the HTML and adding <mark style="background-color: green;">…

Would be really, really nice to have the standard highlighter available in the text editors — great way to mark up a students uploaded text (there is a highlighter in the online PDF form, alas, I have not yet figured out how to change the colour) — I often highlighted in green and yellow to better help students visualize what was good and what might need revision.

Thanks

Answers

• Hi Kylie.K,

When evaluating student submissions you do have an option to change the highlighter colour.

This option is available when viewing a .pdf file submission, or .docx file submission. The .docx file is converted when rendered to enable the annotation of the file. The document viewer is different to that when viewing native .pdf files.

To do this select the Text Highlighter in either editor thereafter an options carousel should appear as shown.

.pdf file example

.docx file after rendering example

Each tool should remember your last colour selection when moving between user submissions. There is no option to select a default colour.

Regarding the HTML editor, another option for you is to create the text in an application such as MS Word highlighting the text, thereafter copying and pasting the text into the HTML editor. For example,

<span style="background: yellow;">mus consectetur eleifend</span>

Not ideal but another option for you at least.

Hope that helps!