Request to expand Documentation on Accessibility and the Editor (Tables)

Andrea.A.706
Andrea.A.706 Posts: 5 🌱
edited July 22 in Accessibility

As I read through the documentation on the Brightspace Editor, I realized a gap in documentation relating to accessibility.

There is no documentation to guide users through how to build an accessible table in the page editor. Sure, the accessibility checker catches some errors but is difficult for entry-level users to make sense of. There really should be a documentation page on how to do this within the D2L Brightspace Community documentation.

For example, as an advanced user, I know how to go in and add in semantic elements using the Source Code editor. This is not a fair expectation of most educators using Brightspace, as would be the case for a typical instructors.

There really should be a visual guide for entry-level users of Brightspace to create an accessible table. It doesn't seem like there really is an easy WYSIWYG way to add in table headers and scope. The documentation should also include advice on table captions.

p.s. The link styling on these posts should really reveal the underlining on links so that folks with color-deficient vision can visually perceive them.

Best Answer

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 323 ⏸️ Inactive
    Answer ✓

Thank you for connecting this valuable feedback with us @Andrea.A.706 ! I have shared it with both our Accessibility as well as our Knowledge Team so that they can collaborate to address the gap in documentation that you shared. It's feedback like this that truly helps us to continually be improving our resources. Thank you!🤗

Answers