Randomized assignments

In our previous LMS, we were able to (1) randomly assigned students to reflect on 2/8 presentations on a specific date, and (2) randomly assign students to do peer-evaluation on submitted reflections a week later. Is there a way to do the same thing in Brightspace? I can't seem to find anything on it in Community. Any confirmation either way would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alfredo.F.151
    Alfredo.F.151 Posts: 62
    Answer ✓

Hi, @Johann.W.160!

I´ll divide your question into two parts:

Random assignments

I´ll recommend you explore the Groups tool to tag the Students in many groups. Then, when the student is assigned to a group (The student also can select the groups available and pick one), and using release conditions, the group may be related to specific assignments and dates. Surely, you´ll need to work in the Grades tool to create manual exemptions or use a Gradebook using formula for the Grade calculation based on the student´s assignments.

Peer evaluation

You may configure a peer evaluation using Videso assignments in Bongo. this is an LTI tool that is included in Brightspace in the standard version. To create peer assessments, you´ll need to validate if you have the premium version

Answers