How

I'd like to correct the spelling in the title of a Primary Course. The current spelling is "Priamry".

Course name is "POWT2244 4B Power Lab Priamry"

Best Answer

• Jeffrey.M.844
    Jeffrey.M.844 Posts: 67
    Answer ✓

Hello @Jim.O.6787

If the Primary Course you're referring to is a course offering created in Brightspace, there are a couple of ways to update the name of the course.

Option 1: Using Course Offering Information

Option 2: Using Org Unit Editor

Option 3: Using IPSIS, when courses are managed using a Student Information System (SIS), Human Resources Information System (HRIS)

Option 4: Using API calls

Which method is appropriate depends on how the course was created and/or the role and corresponding permission/access you have in your Brightspace learning environment. An effective practice is to use the same method you used to name the course initially to update it.

I hope that helps!

Jeffrey

Learning Administration Manager

Answers

• Robert.E.843
    Robert.E.843 Posts: 2 🔍
    I think you can go to Course Tools on Brightspace then click on Course Admin, then select Course Offering Information and then edit the title of your course.
  • Jim.O.6787
    Jim.O.6787 Posts: 4 🔍

I've tried this approach and this is the result:

• Jeffrey.M.844
    Jeffrey.M.844 Posts: 67
    edited June 13

Hi @Jim.O.6787 ,

Your screenshot reflects Option 1. However, in order to edit that field you will need sufficient permissions on your role, which it does not appear you have since it is not rendering as an editable field.

In this case, you will want to reach out to your Brightspace administrator to see if they are able to make this change for you or clarify which of the options noted above reflect your organization's process for updating course offering names.

I hope that helps!

Jeffrey

Learning Administration Manager

• Jim.O.6787
    Jim.O.6787 Posts: 4 🔍

That is the conclusion I've reached and have posted a request to our local team.

Thanks,

Jim