How do I replace a video in the Welcome Widget?

Options
Ruth.A.391
Ruth.A.391 Posts: 1 🌱
edited April 5 in Development

We currently have a 2 page welcome widget that includes a video. I need to upload a new video but the Customize widget "…" link does not work for me. Would appreciate where to find instructions for doing this. Can't seem to find anything in D2L community or even in google.

Tagged:

Answers

• Roqeeb.O.922
    Options

Hi @Ruth.A.391 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Brightspace Community!

To change the video displayed in your welcome widget, please navigate to the content page of the org unit where the widget is located and look for a module named "Welcome."

The information in the widget is usually contained in the content module with that name and you can make the edits through that.

Please review this and let us know if this resource helped complete your intended workflow.

Kind regards,

Roqeeb,

• Ashwin.R.60
    Ashwin.R.60 Posts: 26
    edited April 11
    Options

Hi @Ruth.A.391 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Brightspace Community!

To be able to edit/customize the widget, please make sure to enable the following permissions for the role.

Tool= Homepages

Retrieve Org Unit Custom Widget Data = on (org level)
    Modify Org Unit Custom Widget Data = on (org level)

Retrieve Org Unit Custom Widget Data = on (Course level)
    Modify Org Unit Custom Widget Data = on (Course level)

->When Modify Org Unit Custom Widget Data is on, User will see the "..." when hovering over the widget
    and clicking that, will allow modification.

->When Modify Org Unit Custom Widget Data is Off, User will not see the "...", so will not able to modify the widget

Regards

Ashwin Ravi