Custom Hosted Widget Replacement

Options
Allard.N.654
Allard.N.654 Posts: 10 🌱
edited April 5 in Release Notes

Soon the Custom Hosted Widgets should be replaced with System Widgets. However, I still haven't read anything about the inability to attach Release Conditions to System Widgets, while they are currently attached to the Custom Hosted Widgets.

I still do not see how this will work in the new situation? Are Release Conditions to System Widgets introduced at the same time? Or am I missing something?

Tagged:

Answers

• Ashwin.R.60
    Ashwin.R.60 Posts: 26
    Options

Hello Allard

Thankyou for reaching out to Brightspace Community.

Release conditions can be applied to Custom Widgets but not System Widgets. So when the Homepage Widget Expansion Pack was moved to System Widgets this option was no longer available

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to restrict who sees the widget. As the widget displays content from a Module/Unit within content it is possible to control what is displayed to different roles via release conditions. For example you could create one welcome page and set the release condition so it is only visible to Instructors and have another welcome page so it is only visible to Learners.

If you would like more options I would highly suggest the submission of a PIE item, or
    upvoting one that suits your use case. You can also create a new PIE item and upvote.

Brightspace Community Idea Site: Submissions (brightidea.com)

Regards

Ashwin Ravi