Image crop and resize

Options

I have some flip cards with images. The images are already inserted. Two are landscape and two are portrait. I want to crop the portrait ones so that they are landscape - I would like the flipcard to have proportions similar to the ones with landscape images in them. Here an example of what it looks like before the edit.

Here is the crop. I clicked 'Apply':

…which brought me here. At which point I clicked 'Save'…

…and ended up with this:

The full scope of the skew:

I clicked 'undo' and tried again, but started with unlocking the aspect ratio first in Resize before cropping, but I end up with the same skewed image.

I found an article saying that crop is working as expected, but it also indicated the workaround of cropping images first and then adding them to Brightspace - which I really hope is not the case. Can you let me know if I am missing a step within the image tool, or do I actually have to use an external program to do the cropping?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• Dmitry.L.956
    Dmitry.L.956 Posts: 38
    Options

Hello Courtney,
    What you described looks like an unusual behavior of Brightspace.
    If your institution has an End-user support agreement with D2L, please submit a support ticket, and we will be happy to assist. If not, please elevate it to your institution's IT department that manages Brightspace-related issues.

• Joey.S.348
    Joey.S.348 Posts: 27
    Options

Hey Courtney,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Brightspace Community. The issues with the 'Crop' function persist, so your best course of action is to crop the images outside of Brightspace and then import them in.