How to make D2L LTI Advantage iframe automatically vertically scale to available size

Options
Remko.Tronçon784
Remko.Tronçon784 Posts: 2 🌱
edited November 2022 in Development

When registering an LTI Advantage tool, you can specify a fixed width/height for the iframe to open the link in. A tool can also use postMessage to let D2L know its desired size. However, for a tool with a responsive layout and dynamic content (e.g. a list), there is no fixed size to set. This means that in practice, the iframe will always be either too large, or not optimally large enough.

Is there a way to let D2L scale the iframe an LTI Advantage frame to all the available space?

I noticed that D2L already ignores the width in certain situations, and uses the full width. Can it do the same for the height?

Tagged:

Answers

• Rusha.S.831
    Rusha.S.831 Posts: 105
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello @Remko Tronçon​ ,

Thank you for contacting us via Brightspace Community!

We have an existing Product Idea Exchange which is currently in review by our internal teams. I am attaching the idea here that you can upvote.

Kind Regards,

Rusha

• Remko.Tronçon784
    Remko.Tronçon784 Posts: 2 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Rusha Solanki​ 

Thanks for the reply. Good to know that it's on the radar. I can't see the issue because I don't have an account on Product Idea Exchange. What's the process for getting an account there?

thanks!