Hide image name in Brightspace questions

Options

Is there a way to hide the name of an image that is used in a Brightspace question or to disable the "save image as" function?

For example, when creating a matching question where you ask the students to match a picture with a phrase…..if you import the image then the name of the image is visible if they right mouse click on the image and say, "same image as".

I would rather use image names that mean something as opposed to just "Image 1" or "Question 1".

Answers

• Rusha.S.831
    Options

Hello @Mike.G.126,

Unfortunately, the 'Disable right click' option has been retired but as a workaround may I suggest you change the names of the images before adding them to the quiz? This will help you control the names the students see when they use the 'save image as' option.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Rusha

• Mike.G.126
    Mike.G.126 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

Thanks Rusha for the reply.

Yeah, unfortunately the only workaround that I could think of was naming the files something generic.

However, then I loose my ability to search and easily identify my catalogue of images.

You also run the risk of overwriting a file that has the same generic file name.

D2L should lockdown the ability to save images from things like quizzes and assignments.

Best regards,

Mike

• Rusha.S.831
    Options

Hello @Mike.G.126,

May I suggest you post this idea on the Product Idea Exchange

The Product Idea Exchange is designed for users like you to send direct submissions to our Product Development organization.It allows you to receive direct updates on each request you submitIt allows other community members to vote on ideasIt allows other community members to contribute to and collaborate on each ideaIt ensures ideas that have the greatest impact on our clients and end users receive consideration for inclusion in future on the Brightspace Community.

We look forward to hearing from you at the Product Idea Exchange!

Thank you,

Rusha