Transtion from Mobius and Moodle to D2L

Options
Carisa.B.72
Carisa.B.72 Posts: 5 πŸ”
edited December 2023 in Development
Hi,
I need to convert exam formula questions from Mobius and Moodle to D2L. Will there be an easy way? Or would I need to save the questions into word files?

Thanks,
Carisa

Best Answer

• Rusha.S.831
    Rusha.S.831 Posts: 105
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hello @Carisa.B.72,

You can import questions into Question Library to consolidate questions created with the Quizzes. Consolidating questions within the Question Library enables you to efficiently transfer questions to new courses using the Copy Course Components feature. You can also import questions from a CSV file or a learning object repository.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Rusha

Answers

• Carisa.B.72
    Options

Hello Rusha.S.831,

Thanks for answering my question. I will try doing your suggestion as soon as we get access to our sandbox by Dec. 15.

I have another question - with Moodle Quiz, one can edit questions for further partial marking even after students have already answered the question especially formula type. Does Brightspace have the same feature?

Thanks,

Carisa

• Sangeetha.T.629
    Options

Hi @Carisa.B.72 ,

Thanks for the update. Yes, It should be possible to edit questions of quiz after learner attempt.

Please check documentation - https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/2810-manage-quizzes-with-learner-attempts

Thanks,

Sangeetha

• Darrin.R.505
    Darrin.R.505 Posts: 16 🌱
    Options

@Rusha.S.831 - It sounded like OP was asking about calculation-type questions (perhaps Arithmetic or Significant Figures questions in Brightspace). Were you saying that there is a way to import "Calculation" type questions from moodle so that they behave in the same way within Brightspace?

• Carisa.B.72
    edited February 12
    Options

That is correct, @Darrin.R.505. I had created a lot of multi-step formula/calculations questions in Moodle which involve subsequent calculations that uses the values of previous answers which involve diagrams that need to be labeled, tables that need to be completed, combination of numeric and string answers that can do partial marking if students made mistakes in the first steps but did the correct process in the subsequent steps. Can these be imported to Brightspace? If not, can we recreate these in Brightspace? Likewise with questions developed in Mobius. I'm just wondering if I can have a Teams meeting with you so I can show you some examples. Thanks a lot for trying to help.

• Carisa.B.72
    Options
    @Sangeetha.T.629, I'm sorry for not responding to your post. Thanks for the documentation you shared, it somehow answered my question on the regrading part. I'm just wondering if I can have a Teams meeting with you so I can show you some examples. Thanks a lot for trying to help.