Is there an article outlining the character limitations for the various contexts within Brightspace?

Hi There

Can anyone point me in the direction of a D2L resource which outlines the character limitations for the various contexts within Brightspace?

According to this article, "D2L has introduced character limits to various fields within Brightspace over the last few years and will continue to evaluate fields that do not yet have character limitations. Any limitations that are introduced will be found on our Fixed Issues List explaining the new limit that was added."

Although the fixed issues list makes references to changes that have occurred, if anyone is aware of a resource that explicitly sets current character limits across contexts it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Tagged:

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 542 admin

Hi @Jennifer.F.104
    I searched through the fixed issues list to learn the following that I hope will be helpful

• Now, in Course Builder, the number of characters that can be entered into a new content topic is now limited to 2 million characters (including hidden formatting). If a user exceeds that limit they will get an error on the page stating that they have exceeded the limits. These limits match the new content topic limits found through out Content.Fixed in 20.23.10 Please see our previous article on Future Length Restriction Plans here: https://community.brightspace.com/s/article/Discussion-Post-Length-Restrictions-and-Future-Length-Restriction-Plans

This was the only explicit reference to a character limit that I've found in the Fixed Issues Notes but I have asked a few other colleagues more directly involved in this effort to add further comment to this thread if they're aware of another reference that I may not be.