Replacing a Scorm

Options

Hello,

If a SCORM has been updated by an external provider. Can I replace the SCORM in the course without impacting completed enrolled users outcomes?

Thank you

Best Answers

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 127 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Lindsey, thank you for reaching out with your question. You can update the scorm package by going into the SCORM/xAPI Object Dialog, searching for the scorm object, clicking the [ . . . ] button and selecting Upload New Version.

Any previous or active sessions at the time of the new version being added will be with the previous version. Any new sessions or continued sessions will start/restarted with the new version.

If you require some more assistance with this, please let us know and we can help to connect you with your institution's Help Desk.

• Rusha.S.831
    Rusha.S.831 Posts: 105
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Lindsey.P.28,

When you add a package topic to the content, you have an option for the topic to use latest version (default) or current version. If the topic references latest version, when you upload a new version for the package in Add New SCORM/XAPI, the package the users see would also be updated. The completion, grades and any other information submitted by the previous package is retained.

Please note: if the user attempts to launch the new package and they did complete the previous package before, the completion data may be reset.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Rusha

Answers

• Lindsey.P.28
    Lindsey.P.28 Posts: 13 🌱
    Options

Thank you Alex, that is really useful.

Can I just confirm, if individuals have completed the previous version, will they still show as 100% complete if a new version is uploaded in this manner?