Is there a way to set Brightspace email to use a first.lastname email rather than the username...

Options
Dylan.B.347
Dylan.B.347 Posts: 3 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

Is there a way to set Brightspace email to use a first.lastname email rather than the username for sending internal mail?

In order to use SSL, Brightspace needs the username to match the email from our O365 system.

I have it set so that our users cannot send or receive external emails using Brightspace. However, Brightspace uses the username field to create an internal email address for the users. Because this is already an address, Brightspace instead uses that, which cannot be sent due to it being external.

Is there any setting I can change to force Brightspace to use another field in order to create an internal address?

This is only an issue when the username matches an external email. (Which needs to happen for SSL

Thank you.

Tagged:

Answers

• MMac4280
    MMac4280 Posts: 61
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Dylan Barrett​ , I've sent your question to the Email team to see if they have any suggestions. I'll circle back when I hear back from them, unless they answer you here directly.

Cheers,

Mary MacDonald

• Dylan.B.347
    Dylan.B.347 Posts: 3 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank you Mary.

In our case, we met with a member of D2L who suggested we change the information sent from 365 to exclude the email suffix. This was a pretty easy fix for us once everything was set up.