Pulse app keeps failing on me.

Options
Rebecca.jackson3042
Rebecca.jackson3042 Posts: 3 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

I keep receiving an error message “awkward” (see attachment). I’m getting really frustrated with it.

I have ensured my phone is up to date, the app is updated, I’ve reinstalled. I’ve even turned my phone on and off again. It’s happened since September.

I need some help please.

Tagged:

Answers

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 131 admin
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that trouble. Your best path forward is to connect with your school's IT Help Desk by emailing IT.support@hud.ac.uk or calling +01484 473737.

Your Help Desk will be able to investigate and can open a ticket with our Support team if needed.

• Rebecca.jackson3042
    edited November 2022
    Options

I have already done so, their response was to get in contact with you/brightspace itself. I will email them back and let them know this is what you have suggested however, I fear I will be sent back here again.

• Geoff.M.8935
    Geoff.M.8935 Posts: 9
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Rebecca jackson​,

It's possible that this issue is occurring because of poor internet connection. When trying to retrieve notifications, ensure you have a good internet connection.

The other thing you may want to investigate is the time format on your device. For example, if your device is using 12 HR format and the server is using 24 HR format, try switching your device's format to 24 HR format (or vice versa).

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

• Rebecca.jackson3042
    edited November 2022
    Options

Geoff

you an absolute star! I have changed the clock and used it for a while now and not once have I seen that error message!

thank you so much. I felt I was slowly going mad.

Thank you.

• Geoff.M.8935
    Geoff.M.8935 Posts: 9
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Rebecca jackson​,

Glad I could help. Have a great day!