Hi, I am wondering where to reset the names of 'my course' category? I have attached a...

Options
Grace.Huang6569
Grace.Huang6569 Posts: 2 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

Hi, I am wondering where to reset the names of 'my course' category? I have attached a screenshot below where I drew a green circle as I am looking to change those names, but I could not find access to edit.

Hi D2L community, I am wondering where to reset the names 'my course' category? I have attached a screenshot, I drew a green circle as I am looking to change those names, but I could not find access to edit. Also, what role & permission is needed for an admin to  make these changes? Thank you very much!

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello Grace,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question.

There are a few ways the courses along the top of the widget can be displayed, including by Semester and Department. If you select the drop-down menu next to My Courses, are you able to open the Customize This Widget option to see which way they are being sorted? You're specifically looking for the selection under 'Group Courses by'.

If by Department, you would need to have system administrator access to adjust the name of your Departments using the Org Unit Editor:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 8.49.38 AM 

If by Semester, then you'd want to do the same for your Semester name.

Another thing to call out is that as an administrator, you will see more Departments/Semesters in that area than a Learner would, who would only see those as per their current courses.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions.

• Grace.Huang6569
    Grace.Huang6569 Posts: 2 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank you very much, Stephen!