Allowing Students to Temporarily Disable Quiz Answer Choices in D2L

Options
I'm trying to help my professor utilize a feature another professor had implemented on his quizzes some years back; I haven't found proof of the existence of this feature with my recent searching, but the feature improved accessibility for me immensely.

The quiz allowed students the ability to mark certain answer choices as 'unlikely' or 'incorrect' during the quiz. The idea is for the marked choice to be grayed out (or similar visual cue), making it temporarily un-selectable. However, students should have the option to revert their decision and consider the answer choice again if they wish.

Has anyone implemented such a feature or know of any third-party integrations that offer this functionality? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Ricardo.S.110
    Ricardo.S.110 Posts: 127
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Noah.L.866

Thank you for reaching us through the Brightspace Community.

Currently, students do not have the ability to cross out alternatives from a quiz question. However, we have identified this as a feature request in the Brightspace Community's Product Idea Exchange:

- Allow students to cross out multiple choice quiz options (D10353)

I can see the above idea is currently under review so I do recommend you access it and vote it up.

The Product Idea Exchange is designed for users like you to send direct submissions to our Product Development organization and has the following advantages:

• It allows you to receive direct updates on each request you submit
    • It allows other community members to vote on ideas
    • It allows other community members to contribute to and collaborate on each idea
    • It ensures ideas that have the greatest impact on our clients and end users receive consideration for inclusion in future releases.

We look forward to hearing from you at the Product Idea Exchange!