Our learners are receiving an error message with one of the widgets we have in one of our...

Options
Kimberly.Kobal889
Kimberly.Kobal889 Posts: 3 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

Our learners are receiving an error message with one of the widgets we have in one of our courses. Error message: 'Something went wrong; We couldn't retrieve your data'.

The widget is showing correctly for us in Administrator view as well as in Instructor view. But the error is displaying in learner view. All other widgets on the page are working fine on all views except this one widget. Appreciate some light into this issue. Thanks.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hello Kimberly,

Could you give a bit more detail on what type of information is contained within the widget?

Does it happen to be copied from another organizational unit/course offering? or is does it exist entirely in the course offering itself?

Thanks!

• Kimberly.Kobal889
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out.

In that widget, we have links to Assessments that were created in the content area.

This is custom widget that exists only in this particular course.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thank you,

Regards,

Kimberly

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Kimberly,

Thanks so much for that information, it's very helpful!

My best guess (without directly seeing the widget and its Contents) is that the widget is using a direct URL that was obtained from the Instructors view. This URL wouldn't work for students due to the different access level, but would work for your Admin users.

I would try using the 'Insert Quicklink' option while in the edit area (Content tab) of the widget (when you see the text editor you can select the chain icon). This makes a direct link to either a Content Module, Content item, or Assignment, which would get around any URL restrictions.

If the Quicklink option was used originally, were the Assignments changed in any way?

Please do let me know if this helps.

Stephen

• Kimberly.Kobal889
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Stephen,

My sincere apologies for not getting back to you. We tried the Quicklink option and it worked. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Kimberly Kobal

• [Deleted User]
    Options

That's great news! Thanks Kimberly.