How do I change my role in Domo?

Maureen.B.923
Maureen.B.923 Posts: 128 🧭
edited November 2022 in Partners

I'm a Brightspace Super Admin, but in Domo I only have an Author role. How do I change my role in Domo to Admin (or at least Privileged)?

I tried submitting a case ticket directly to Domo, but they replied, "I believe this is a better question to be asked of Brightspace Help Desk as they will have more context on your current account and your status."

Our instance of Domo has 2 admins, but they're both associated with D2L email addresses. No other Brightspace admins know how our Domo instance was set up.

Right now I:

- Can't see when admin owned datasets were last run

- Can't delete pages I created

- Need to edit PDP

- Need to be able to assign people Author roles

- etc.

Answers

• Sandra.Vargas6185
    Sandra.Vargas6185 Posts: 1 🌱
    edited November 2022

It would be great to get additional permissions with Domo authors license.

• Maureen.B.923
    Maureen.B.923 Posts: 128 🧭
    edited November 2022

So it turns out most of the issues I listed above aren't actually issues.

1. Yes, I can delete my own pages. It's just not intuitive and has to be done through a different screen. It's a clunky process.
    2. Yes, I can apply PDP - but only to my own datasets. Unfortunately most of our datasets were created by D2L before anyone at my company was really using Domo. This means I need to essentially duplicate D2L datasets to apply my own PDP.
    3. According to D2L, we only get 2 Author licenses with the implementation (I'm sure this differs between companies). I assumed that as a Brightspace admin, I'd get Domo admin access too.

My biggest complaint is the inability to see details on D2L created dataflows. I submitted the following PIE: https://desire2learn.brightidea.com/ideas/D8366.