New Content Experience Switchover

Options
Hi,

I was wondering what the timeline was for D2L to switch over completely to the New Content Experience. Is there even a plan to switchover or will both the New Content Experience and Classic View still be available for the foreseeable future? At the college I'm a full-timer at, they haven't heard anything, but at the college I adjunct at for extra money, they're saying there is. I just want to hear from the horse's mouth a definitive answer for this.

Answers

• Susan.K.10
    Options

Hi @Shane.P.973,

I'm the product manager at D2L for our content experiences and would like to assure you that while we are actively investing in the New Content Experience, all 3 of our existing content experiences are fully supported. There are no timelines as there are still a number of key features that we need to address before we can start any conversations about changing this.

We have a blog post published about this topic: https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/5855-new-content-experience-content-is-getting-a-refresh , and are keeping this post updated as progress continues to be made to bring more functionality into the New Content Experience. Please review the blog post and reach out if there are any additional questions about our content offerings.

• Shane.P.973
    Shane.P.973 Posts: 3 🔍
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me. Will this still be the case in a few years.
  • Susan.K.10
    Options

Hi @Shane.P.973, we cannot confidently talk about what state anything will be in a few years from now.

We know that we are continuing to update and invest in the New Content Experience with the long-term vision of eventually having only a single content experience. No timelines are available, but please be assured that when we are closer to our vision, organizations will have lots of communication and time to prepare.

If you depend on a particular feature in your workflows that doesn't exist yet in New Content Experience, please ensure your administrators are aware since that will help with their assessment of the various Brightspace tools.