Course Offering Information

Anna.R.90
Anna.R.90 Posts: 1 🌱
edited August 2023 in Known and Fixed Issues

Anyone having issues setting a start date to a course via the 'Course Offering Information'. Each time I've attempted to set a specific date and time, it resets to not having a specified start date within minutes.

Answers

• When working on the Course Offering Information page, I always recommend people to ensure that they scroll down and select the Save button after every little thing they change. Unlike other places within Brightspace, the Save button doesn't hover over the rest of the settings, you have to go all the way down to the bottom of the page to see it. Forgive me if this isn't the case, but it sounds like you may have attempted to make a change and didn't save it before closing/navigating away from that page.

Alternatively, you may need to talk to your LMS administrator or whoever on your team is managing the connection between Brightspace and your SIS (student information system) or other tool you may be using to feed enrollment data into Brightspace. Those connections will also commonly create courses within Brightspace and can also update certain information about those courses, including Start/End Date. If you were able to set new dates and selected the Save button, and then the dates were reverted afterwards, it may be that the connections you have with your Brightspace site are pushing data to revert the date settings back to the course.

Hope this helps!

• Julianne.B.190
    Julianne.B.190 Posts: 1 🌱

Johnny - sometimes I hit the "save" button twice and it still is not working. We needed to go deep on this one.