Can quizzes reference a pool, rather than copying questions from a pool?

I've got question pools that I use to make quizzes. Right now, it seems that Brightspace copies questions from the Question Library into the quiz. But if I edit the questions in the Question Library, those edits don't percolate down into the quizzes that have used those questions.

Is there a way to link a group of questions in the question library into a pool, such that if I edit the questions in the LIBRARY that propagates to all the quizzes that draw from that bank?

This would be useful for updating figures, catching typos, etc. But it would also allow adding more questions to the pools without having to reconfigure all the tests. I'm running into a situation where I've got groups of questions in the Library that are used multiple times (chapter review, unit review, final). If I add new questions to the Library every term, I have to add those questions to ALL the tests that previously drew from that pool.

Answers

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@Luke.D.727 Hi Luke, when you edit a question in the Question Library that is being used in quizzes, there should be a Question in Use screen where you can make sure that it gets updated in all locations. You will need to check the box next to each location, otherwise it will only be updated in the Question Library.

Pools don't actually exist in the Question Library. Only questions and sections can be added there. You create pools within quizzes by choosing a certain number of questions to make up the entire pool, but that pool only exists within that quiz. You may have created a section with questions in the Question Library (intending that section to be a pool) and then added more questions to it there, but you would still have to add those questions manually to the pool in the quiz.

• Luke.D.727
    Luke.D.727 Posts: 7 🌱

Thanks for letting me know how it works.

It would be nice if we could apply more questions to existing sections without having to manually add them to different tests when multiple tests draw questions for the same section in different tests.