Mismatch between Exam Statistics and Assessment Quality Dashboard

Options

Hello,

We have a program wanting to make better use of the data provided in the Assessment Quality Dashboard, but the data provided in the dashboard is often incorrect.

Going to an exam within a course and selecting Statistics > Question Details provides different values for point bi-serial, discrimination index, etc. than what is displayed for the same question on the same assessment in the Assessment Quality Dashboard.

The values provided by exam statistics appear to be correct after doing the calculations manually to determine the values. I'm wondering why discrepancies exist between the exam question statistics viewed within a course and the Assessment Quality Dashboard.

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 457 admin
    Options

HI @dennis.culver@dmu.edu
    May I trouble you to open a support case with your school to take a look at that more closely?

Your school has a few ways you can open a support case/reach out to support listed here https://www.dmu.edu/its/solutions-hub/

I noticed from your username in Community, that you have not yet created a single sign on account. If you run into any trouble updating your account here, please just reply to this message and I can give you a hand. Updating to a single sign on account will connect you to resources like PIE and Learning Center with one set of login credentials and will help to update your username here in Community.