SCORMs are not showing student completion or grade in the grade centre on BrightSpace D2L

Hi All,
I have been testing uploading Articulate Storyline and Rise SCORM packages. I can see them in the grade centre next to the student/user name but when I go in as our test student and complete or part complete a SCORM course, nothing is registered against the student's username in the grade centre. I have used SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004.

Answers

• Hi @Jina.A.890

Thank you for contacting us via Brightspace Community!

May I suggest you open a support ticket with us for us to further investigate this issue, please?

Kind Regards,

Bharti

• Heather.K.449
    Heather.K.449 Posts: 43 🧭

Hi @Jina.A.890

We also use Storyline and Articulate RISE for our SCORM packages. As a suggestion, make sure your export settings are set to SCORM 2004 4th edition. And your tracking/reporting options are set to 'Passed/Incomplete'.

I hope this helps,

Heather

• Jina.A.890
    Jina.A.890 Posts: 3 🔍

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your reply, I had exported as SCORM 2004 4ed, but figured out with the help of a colleague that there was a conflict in the Tracking setting where I had also inadvertently clicked to measure the completion by the number of slides viewed. It was possible to have both options (grade and slide viewing) selected at the same time (so not as radio buttons) and that caused the score not to be recorded.

However, I had designed my own 'quiz' using radio buttons (so not the built-in quiz slide) to build a Likert scale type of assessment that would return specific feedback depending on what range was scored overall in each segment of the assessment. I then used a result page to record the calculated score (displaying the number from the %textbox% calculated by Javascripting) so it could report it to the LMS. However, that did not work even with the right export settings. The Storyline worked perfectly and did display the overall scores on the relevant slides, but it cannot be recorded in LMS. So, back to the drawing board for this type of assessment, but it does work with standard quizzes with the right export settings as you noted.

Thanks again for your help.😊