Hi Guys, Need your help configuring the look of our Brightspace instance. Please see ...

Options
Kelvin.I.690
Kelvin.I.690 Posts: 12 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

Hi Guys, Need your help configuring the look of our Brightspace instance. Please see attached. The first one is our current look for the contents of a course offering as a student. How do I change it so that it looks like the second picture?

I think this is a value I need to change in the config variable section found in the admin tools, just don't know what to change.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Kelvin. d2l.Tools.Content.NewLearnerExperience is the variable that you're looking for. You can find it by navigating through the folders in its name (Tools > Content) or just searching for NewLearner.

If you want the second screenshot for all of your courses, then set this variable to 'off' for your organization level (typically 6606). Let me know if there's trouble.

• Jeff.G.65
    Jeff.G.65 Posts: 8
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Kelvin,

If it's the navbar color you're looking to change, then this is done by changing the Primary Color in the navbar's Theme. In the navbar, there is a menu button in the corner that provides quick access. If the navbar is shared, you will need to either Edit the Shared Navbar (provided you have permission) or Customize This Navbar if you want to break away from the shared navbar in order to make changes that only affect this course.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 12.31.04 PM 

On the other hand, if you're trying to switch from the new content experience in your first screenshot to the Lessons experience shown in the second one, then there are three relevant config variables:

• d2l.Tools.Content.IsLessonsEnabled - This must be ON
    • d2l.Tools.Content.UseLessonsExperience - To turn it on for a particular org unit
    • d2l.Tools.Content.NewLearnerExperience - To also enable it for students

• Kelvin.I.690
    Kelvin.I.690 Posts: 12 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Craig and Jeff!

Thank you for the response. I realize I should have been more specific in my question, but thankfully you both guessed right. The variable was what I was looking for.

Regards,

Kelvin