Can a Learner have two different roles in the same course?

Options
Carlton.J.692
Carlton.J.692 Posts: 7 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

Hi all,

I have set up a online course for a subject matter expert. They need to complete the course themselves, a ong as everyone else in the organisation; however, I also want them to take responsibility for the course long term and do any course updates and run reports so I have set them up as a Super Designer so they can run reports and edit the course going forward. However, as soon as I do that, I know longer see their grades for the course they have completed.

Is there a way of setting up a course so that someone can take it as a learner but also be able to run reports and edit the course in the future and their grades still be visible the same as all other learners?

Basically, as part of the organisation they need to be compliant and pass the course themselves but they are also the one that will be amending the course and running reports on it long term.

Answers

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 37
    edited November 2022
    Options

You would need to create a second account for them. This is an incredibly common practice.

• Carlton.J.692
    edited November 2022
    Options

thanks @Jason Henslee​  I'll do that later today. I can't remember whether you are allowed to have the same email address for the second account or if it is just the username and/or org ID that needs to be unique. If the email address needs to be unique, then my next thought is how to others get around this when the user only has one email address.

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 37
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yes, multiple accounts can have the same email.

• Carlton.J.692
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks @Jason Henslee​ , yeah, I did some testing this morning and came to that conclusion. Thanks for clarifying. Your input has been really useful. Have a great weekend. 😀