How do you make the description of a check list visible to all users?

Options
Steve.R.276
Steve.R.276 Posts: 10 🌱

Hey all,

I've created a check list, but every time I enter in learner view, or impersonate a learner, I can't seem to see the description I wrote for the check list, just the options.

I've searched for a solution, but can't seem to see any settings option in our instance of D2L. Attached is a screen shot of what I see. The only option when I press the drop down arrow next to the name is 'preview'.

Permissions wise, I'm super admin.

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Anne.M.329
    Anne.M.329 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

I use checklists all the time, and just realized you are right! The only place I see the description is in the checklist "home," where all my lists are. If the Checklist button is available on the NavBar, it is possible that students can see that list with the descriptions. In my case, I use the description in an announcement with the checklist link.

• Steve.R.276
    Steve.R.276 Posts: 10 🌱
    Options

ah! that's good to know. but for us, I don't think creating an announcement would work for us. We have a few different checklists with conditional viewing attached to it, so when a learner selects an option, it reveals specific learning modules.

It sounds bizarre that there's no way for users to see the description of the checklist from on outset! Hoping there's a setting or something I'm missing? Any help would be amazing!

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 287 admin
    Options

@steve.raz6413 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Brightspace Community.

In order to best understand your use case, can I ask if students are accessing checklists right from the Checklist tool? In this instance, the descriptions should be appearing.

Can you provide additional details about how checklists are being accessed?

• Karen.P.784
    Karen.P.784 Posts: 6 🌱
    Options

The students can't see anything you add via the HTML editor (including images) except for links which is a real disappointment.

• James.R.873
    James.R.873 Posts: 2 🌱
    Options

Yes, I discovered this today in my courses as well. The description directs the students to choose an option which will release specific content and assignments. But they can't see the description. I ended up putting the description on the lesson instead but it doesn't make sense that there is no setting to allow learners to view the description. They can see the description if they access Checklists from the NavBar but not within the Content or even if it's set to open in a new window.