Can Turnitin be enabled on Assignments by default?

Options
Steve.Paulson7872
Steve.Paulson7872 Posts: 10 🌱
edited November 2022 in Partners

CaptureI'm referring to at least the first highlighted checkbox in this screenshot, and ideally, the second as well.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 37
    edited November 2022
    Options

Not the GradeMark, no.

• Steve.Paulson7872
    edited November 2022
    Options

I should have specified this is for Originality checking​, not Grademark.

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 37
    edited November 2022
    Options

I believe you need GradeMark on to use the Originality Check.

• Arzu.S.519
    Arzu.S.519 Posts: 1 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yes, we have set d2l.3rdParty.Turnitin.OriginalityCheckDefault to

on for our organisation.

EDIT: This does not auto enable Turnitin Grademark for your assignment, but it does auto enable originality check IF you manually enable Grademark.

• Steve.Paulson7872
    edited November 2022
    Options

Originality Checker is the only TII product we have licensed. I'll try that CVB object.

• Steve.Paulson7872
    edited November 2022
    Options

I set that d2l.3rdParty.Turnitin.OriginalityCheckDefault value to ON for a specific OrgUnitID (a Course Offering) and added a new Assignment. I switched to the "Turnitin" tab after providing an Assignment name and the "Originality Check" was not enabled. And since we don't have Grademark, Grademark cannot be manually enabled. So it looks like the answer is "no."

• Steve.Paulson7872
    edited November 2022
    Options

We used to have the full Turnitin's "Feedback Studio," but originality check was the main thing we used it for. Brightspace's Annotation Tool fulfills the Grademark functionality for us. We switched to TII's "Originality Check" (only) product for about half of what we were paying for Feedback Studio.

• Sarah.Walkowiak5724
    Sarah.Walkowiak5724 Posts: 1 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

I just submitted a PIE item for this, please consider voting on it, thanks. Allow Turnitin to be enabled by default for Originality Check (D8722)