Quick Eval is showing the users that are not even learners or participants? Please fix ASAP. thanks

Options

Quick Eval (maybe just the widget issue) is showing the users that are not even learners or participants in the course on assignments. This seems to be happening for all the assignments. Please get this fixed asap and advise. (Screenshots are attached)

Tagged:

Answers

• Rusha.S.831
    Rusha.S.831 Posts: 105
    Options

Hello @Syed.Zaidi773,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Brightspace Community!

May I suggest you confirm the user enrollment log and see if they are enrolled in a role that doesn't show in the class list or if it is possibly a cascading role that has permission to attempt a quiz?

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Rusha

• Syed.Zaidi773
    Syed.Zaidi773 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

Hello @Rusha Sol822 ,

Thanks for your reply.

The users those are showing incorrectly are Administrators on the site and not the Learners in the course. Also they are not added in the classlist with any role. Quick Eval should just show the Learners/Students from the classlist (participants).

I tried removing the admin role off one of the admins for this course and he does not show up there now, but this shouldn't be the answer to this problem because Admins need their role on the courses to make administrative changes.

Please advise how can we resolve this issue. Thanks

• Priyanka.P.262
    Priyanka.P.262 Posts: 22
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @Syed.Zaidi773 Can you please check in Roles and Permissions if these cascading roles have "See and Submit Files to Assignment Submission Folders".

This permission should be only for roles like learners who are supposed to submit files. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Priyanka

• Syed.Zaidi773
    Options

Hello @Priyanka Pat677, Thanks for your reply. Yes that resolved part of the problem.

Now, the Teacher replied back to us saying that she's still seeing activities in the Quick Eval widget however she has confirmed that she's all caught up when she checks Quick Eval from the Navbar. Do you know how we can resolve this?

Thanks

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 242 🌟
    Options

@Syed.Zaidi773 That is normal behavior. The Quick Eval widget on the homepage always just shows the list of activities in the course.

• Syed.Zaidi773
    Options

Hello @Jennifer.Wagner3830

Oh, that's strange. Is there a way to set Quick Eval Widget to only show activities that needs to be graded and once all done, it just shows all caught message? Please advise.

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 242 🌟
    Options

@Syed.Zaidi773 The Quick Eval widget will show a red circle with a white number if there are assessments to be graded still for an activity. If there are red no circles showing, then that means there is nothing left to assess.