Hi guys! I have a question regarding the video assignments. I noticed that as a student I...

Options
Kelvin.I.690
Kelvin.I.690 Posts: 12 🌱
edited May 2023 in Partners

Hi guys! I have a question regarding the video assignments. I noticed that as a student I can set virtual classroom meetings, record them, then submit them for grading. As a teacher I want to share it via my class content, is this possible?

When I download a student's virtual meeting, I download a zip file which contains the chat, annotations on the board, and the mp4 recording of the student. I can upload them to my content but they're all in separate files which doesn't make for a good viewing experience.

Is there a better way to go about this?

Tagged:

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Kelvin

We have reached out to the Bongo team for further assistance. We will update this thread as we have further information from them.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Kelvin,

We ave heard from the Bongo Support team who say

--START--

Students’ submissions are not designed to be posted outside of the assignment area. If the instructor wishes to post one student’s video, the best way to do this would be to enable peer review of that assignment, select manual, then instruct the students which person’s video to review.

--END--

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask if there are follow up questions or queries?

Thanks

Rahul.

• Kelvin.I.690
    Kelvin.I.690 Posts: 12 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yes, I see now. Thank you for this Rahul and thank you to Bongo Support team :)

• Dayna.A.214
    Dayna.A.214 Posts: 1 🌱
    Options

Hi there, apologies for being late to this conversation, I just moved over to the new Community! It's Dayna from Bongo here! @Kelvin.Ingente698 I see how this would be really useful to showcase your learners submission to the rest of the class. You can still follow the same workflow you originally started with by downloading the recorded Virtual Classroom session from the Video Assignment. In that download file, yes there are seperate files if you want to play locally, BUT one of the options in that zip file is actually a link (see image below). That link can be copied and pasted into the content tool in Brightspace and that will launch a web-based version of the recording which should support the need here. Let me know if that works for you!