Create a different HTML template for a course or set of courses

Options
fatina
fatina Posts: 1 🔍
edited April 2023 in Community Corner

I want to create different HTML templates and use them for specific courses.

I followed the following steps according to the tutorial provided by Brightspace:

Step 1. NavigatedI using the "Manage Courses" and created a folder, copied the zip file and unzipped it into the folder.

I am struggling to apply the following steps because I could not find the "Settings" option in the Content tool.

1. Go to the Content tool within the course where you would like to leverage the template.
  2. Click Settings in the Content tool.
  3. Select the Enable HTML Templates check box.
  4. Click Change Path, then select the template folder that you have uploaded (Brightspace_HTML_Template)

Does anyone have a clue on how to achieve this?

Answers

• Rusha.S.831
    Rusha.S.831 Posts: 105
    Options

Hello @fatina ,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Brightspace Community!

The steps mentioned can be used in the old content experience but in the new content experience can you try following the below steps and see if this helps? I am also attaching the article that has this information - Using HTML templates in Lessons.

When creating new documents in Lessons, you can add HTML templates to bring a more consistent feel to your course content.

1. From Lessons, select a unit, lesson, or folder.
    2. Click Create New.
    3. Click HTML Document.
    4. Click Select Template.
    5. Select a template from the list or click Browse for a Template.
    6. If browsing for a template, select an existing template from your Course Offering Files.
    7. Click Add, and begin inserting your materials into the template.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Rusha

• Mariane.T.995
    Mariane.T.995 Posts: 2 🌱
    Options

The setting option can be found when you look at your module in the table of content in the top right corner see below:

Hope this help!