We have a specific role (duplicated read only role with some tweaks) that for some reason cannot...

Options
Christina.T.727
Christina.T.727 Posts: 16 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

We have a specific role (duplicated read only role with some tweaks) that for some reason cannot see the courses on the My Courses widget that they are enrolled on with this role.

It is only once we enrol them on a second course with the same role that both courses appear on the My Courses widget. As soon as you unenroll them on the second course. They can no longer see any courses on the My Courses widget. Anyone know if there is a permission somewhere where you set what permissions can see the courses they are enrolled on?

Best Answer

• Christin.W.370
    Christin.W.370 Posts: 14
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Christina,

If the My Courses widget is set to Group by a specific Org Unit type, and your first Course Offering does not have that parent, then that might be why it is not appearing initially.

Based on your site configurations, it looks like the widget on the Org Homepage is grouped by Semester, but the Teacher course does not have a Semester specified.

Can you check to see if adding a Semester OR adjusting the widget to group by a different option resolves the issue?

It would appear as though this was recently reported as a defect and there should be an article published shortly with full details.

Answers

• Christina.T.727
    Christina.T.727 Posts: 16 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Christin Wallace​ - Thank you! That worked by swapping to no grouping. We only had it grouped to help our instructors / course designers quickly find their sandboxes anyway.