Can we get rid of the 4-digit number after our name?

Options

Hey!

I'm not a fan of this Discord-like format. Is there a way where our displayed names could be without the numbers?

Stay Awesome!

Best Answer

• Aasim.Y.704
    Aasim.Y.704 Posts: 129 ⏸️ Inactive
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Michel.Marcheterre8271,

Thanks for connecting with us.

We are currently working on invstigating this and are working to make your Community experience a more seamless one. Stay tuned for an update from the Community team as we continue to evolve your community experience.

Appreciate your continued patience.

Answers

• Michel.Marcheterre8271
    Options

So, one of the issues that is happening with this name format is that my Outlook treats all the emails from the community as spam. As a result, I miss alot of announcements and posting of new release notes.

I do spend time marking these emails as "not spam" and that transfers the emails to my inbox, but it's like it's not sticking…

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 461 admin
    Options

Hi @Michel.Marcheterre8271
    We've been tracking instances of this and believe the issue may not be tied to the user name specifically, but an update that's needed to the email records being sent from the platform itself. We're hoping to have that update completed by early next week- but would love to stay in touch if you're not seeing a change in this behaviour by Wednesday April 19th.

Grateful to you for posting abou this one- and truly working to try to resolve that ASAP.

• Michel.Marcheterre8271
    Options

Thank you @Stefanie Bal729 for your reply, that I only just saw because I looked in my Junk Mail folder… 😉

Don't get me wrong, I am annoyed at this behaviour but I'm not saying it is caused by the username format. My main complain with the name format is that it's super ugly and makes everyone look like a bot. Even when I eventually get the replies in my inbox instead of in my Junk Mail folder, I will still hate this username format and advocate for it to change. 😅

#GetRidOfTheDigits #WeAreNotNumbers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Options

Hi @Michel.Marcheterre8271
    I hear you Friend- and I can only try to show you over time that we really are working on it.

Since we last chatted in this thread, the D2L Crew's been able to make a change to the way emails from this new Community platform are understood by other email servers as verifiably connected to D2L.

We've been doing some additional testing, and believe this should prevent the emails from being routed to your junkmail folder- but I'm hoping you can help me to confirm? Did you see this update come to inbox or junkmail?

The next big step we're working on is setting up SSO to help better connect everyone from this new platform to the ASC Experience (for those who need it), PIE and Learning Center.

My understanding is that this is a dependency in the work needed to enable our members to have more control over that user name and how it's formatted.

Please don't be a stranger here #yourfeedbackmakesadifference #MichelisOriginal #NeverANumber #ABetterCommunityWithYou

• Michel.Marcheterre8271
    Options

Hey @Stefanie Bal729,

I can confirm that I now receive messages from the community in my inbox.

I'm still old and grumpy - in fact I'm a whole week older than my previous post - so I still think these numbers gotta go. Happy to hear that there might eventually be a way to get rid of them. 😊

Your hashtag game is on fleek. See, I can be young and hip too!

#NotHipsterMoreLikeHipReplacement #Meatloaf #HashtagFestival

• Stefanie.B.518
    Options

@Michel.Marcheterre8271 you're neither old nor grumpy! In fact you're just correct and kind. Truly appreciate the notes and promise we're working on those usernames.

#MoreMichel #TheFoodOrTheBand #DoesMeatloafTour #HasSeenBobDylanLive #PleaseAlsoShareGreatestBandYouWentToSee #WasItMeatloaf