Can IATS activities be added to a game map in Game-based learning? Right now the only activities...

Options
Marilyn.Whitlock456
Marilyn.Whitlock456 Posts: 2 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

Can IATS activities be added to a game map in Game-based learning? Right now the only activities I can add are quizzes and assignments. Can other activity types be added?

See the attached screenshot for activities available in older versions of GBL. Are these still available? They do not appear as options when adding an activity to a game map.

Answers

• Ed.Vannatter8072
    Ed.Vannatter8072 Posts: 1
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Marilyn,

The IATs can be added to game maps if they have been uploaded into the course since they are HTML files. They don't appear as Activities but you can find them under Add File -> Course Offering File. IATs are available to customers who previously purchased Course Adventure Pack or who have the Engagement Plus package. They will need to be loaded into the course before they can be used.

• Marilyn.Whitlock456
    Marilyn.Whitlock456 Posts: 2 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank you for your answer, but I already do have IATS activities with their associated files in Manage Files. However, when tying activities to nodes on a game map, only quizzes and assignments display as "Available GBL Activities." How can I choose an IATS as an activity when I am not given the option to choose from Manage Files to attach an HTML file?

• Alex Rei344
    Alex Rei344 Posts: 1
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Marilyn, if you click the add file when attaching an activity to the map, you will be able to navigate your course files.

Edit Activity dialog - click add file.

screen-1

select Course Files

screen-2

then navigate your files to find the IAT file you want to attach to an activity. This will show your IATs as files in your course.