I am an EA and I am supporting a teacher in a 7/8 class. We have a couple of students who's work...

Options
Sara.Tait-Lowe6590
Sara.Tait-Lowe6590 Posts: 3 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

I am an EA and I am supporting a teacher in a 7/8 class. We have a couple of students who's work is different from the rest. How can we post to just them?

Students on a modified workload in our class, need access to certain subjects that are exactly the same as the rest of the class, but there are modifications made in other subjects. We need to be able to get their modified work to them via the same platform. Currently we are emailing it to them directly. Is this possible???

Tagged:

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi @Sara Tait-Lowe​ 

If you could please provide more details, that would help us better understand the scenario.

When you say subjects, are these 'content topics' or 'assessment items' like say dropboxes, quizzes etc.

You could set up release conditions or special access to reach out to specific students.

Again, more details would help. I am happy to discuss this further via a Support case if need be.

Thanks

Rahul.

• Sara.Tait-Lowe6590
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Rahul Desai​ 

Hi There!

So specifically - a special needs student. While their strengths in literacy are grade level, their math could be below. It is a privacy concern to post their work expectations along with the general class expectations. How do we post their work expectations privately to only them without having to separately email them? Pre-covid teachers have dayplans with sections specifically set up to fill in work expectations for these students. No one outside teachers and support staff see these and even the designated student is verbally told, and then assisted.

This is not just for assessment purposes, but also just assigning daily work. I believe the dropbox option would be what these students would use when submitting work specific to them, and assessments can be 'delayed' or 'early' If I understand correctly.

Does this help? Thank you in advance! We are learning and trying to do so quickly!!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi @Sara Tait-Lowe​ 

Thank you for the detailed information. We appreciate your efforts going the extra mile for these very special students.

From what you have mentioned, you all are already learning quite quickly and have a fair idea of tools (sections, dropboxes etc)

What I can think of if setting creating a group with just these students (or student) and the creating Group based restrictions on everything - Content, Discussions, Dropboxes etc. That way these items would be visible only to these students and so the Teachers can write Descriptions, Instructions etc as needed.

Is this something that perhaps helps as a first thought and something you may want to explore further? Please feel free to ask further questions once you have had the chance to test.

Thanks

Rahul.

• Sara.Tait-Lowe6590
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Rahul Desai​ 

Yes it is helpful! Thank you. Our board admin is also looking into something with regards to this but it may take them a bit. But I will share this work around for now! Thank you!!!!