Can you customize language around SCORM object?

Options
Jackie.Senuk8827
Jackie.Senuk8827 Posts: 16 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

We want to customize what is displayed for a learner when they click on a SCORM object (which was added via New SCORM), it launches in a separate window, and then they close that window and return to the learning environment. 

Image one (see attachment) shows what is currently displayed after returning to the learning environment, and we can’t find in Language Management where to change the header of “SCORM Object” and the messaging of “click below to complete the SCORM content in a new window”.

Image two (see attachment) shows where we thought the messaging was in Language Management, however, once we added a custom value it did not change anything for us. We couldn’t find anything to change the header.

Appreciate any help the community can provide.

Tagged:

Answers

• Gary.Abbott861
    Gary.Abbott861 Posts: 4
    edited November 2022
    Options

To change the language term for the heading, "SCORM Object" use the following path in Language Management:

• Package: ContentService
    • Collection: ViewProvider
    • Term Name: ScormObject

To change the language term for the instruction, "Click below to complete the SCORM content in a new window." use the following path in Language Management:

• Package: ContentService
    • Collection: ViewProvider
    • Term Name: ClickBelow

I like to have two separate browser sessions open concurrently so that I can apply a placeholder to a term I suspect, click Save, and then refresh and use the other browser session to check it live. Let us know if those two terms do the trick!

• Jackie.Senuk8827
    Jackie.Senuk8827 Posts: 16 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks for the response @Gary Abbott​. I forgot to update this request that we submitted a support case for this and your directions of where to go are correct. The main issue we were having was that we have two language packs installed and I was updating it in the wrong language pack. Hopefully this can help others!