Articulate Storyline 360 Resume Feature Not Working with New SCORM

Options
Jackie.Senuk8827
Jackie.Senuk8827 Posts: 16 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

I have an Articulate Storyline 360 module that I am trying to upload via the New SCORM method, but the resume function is not working, no matter which publish settings are used. I’ve tried SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 (2nd edition, 3rd edition and 4th edition) but none of them are allowing for the prompt “would you like to resume where you left off?”, it just resets back to the first slide. There are 168 total slides, so the resume function is very important.

Using the Legacy SCORM method isn’t an option as there is a timing lag issue happening for slides that have audio files timed with objects flying on/off screen. The audio file will play, then 3 seconds later the object will fly on/off screen rather than timing up with the audio. There is no lag issue when using New SCORM.

I’ve tested in SCORM Cloud and it functions properly there with each of the different publish settings.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jackie

Tagged:

Answers

• zAlyssa.Filippi2090
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hey Jackie! This sounds frustrating. Give these fixes a try:

1. In your file, try setting all slides in the course to 'Reset to Initial State' instead of 'Resume Saved State'. If the slides are already set to 'Resume Initial State', try the opposite, and attempt 'Reset to Initial State'.

2. Check on your course Resume State. Go to the Home tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Player; when the Player window appears, click Other. In the Resume section of this window, choose 'Prompt to Resume'. If you publish the file and that still doesn't work, try selecting 'Always Resume' instead.

If you're still having trouble, go back to publishing to 2004 4th ed (which you tried before) with the above settings changed.

Hopefully one of these works for you 😊

• Jackie.Senuk8827
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thanks so much for the reply and suggestions @zAlyssa Filippi​ . I tried all suggestions with publishing to 2004 4th ed but unfortunately none of them worked for me. I also tried this JavaScript code change suggested in the Articulate community, but that didn't work either. I may have to go through my ASC for support.

• Jackie.Senuk8827
    edited November 2022
    Options

I did some further testing, and started fresh with a brand new Articulate file that only contains three slides as I was wondering if the data limits were being exceeded. Even with only three slides the resume feature does not work. I tried with both ‘Reset to Initial State’ and ‘Resume Saved State’ as well as with both ‘Prompt to Resume’ and ‘Always Resume’. I tried in all the SCORM 2004 editions (2nd, 3rd and 4th) with no success in getting it to resume where leaving off.

I’m now curious if anyone using Articulate with New SCORM is able to get the resume feature to work, or is there perhaps some glitch that D2L needs to resolve??

• Joshua.van.Wijk6262
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Jackie Senuk​ , are you testing this functionality as an Instructor, or Learner? As an Instructor this functionality is not available. However, if you switch to a Learner role it should work. 

Let me know whether or not this makes any difference for you.

• Jackie.Senuk8827
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Joshua van Wijk​ , thanks so much for the reply. I was just using my super admin role, mistakenly assuming the resume function would work the same, no matter which role you used. I tested again with a learner account, and it works.

I normally test everything with a learner account, but I guess with my mistaken assumption I didn't get to that step, and feel silly that I didn't try with a learner account before asking for help. Lesson learned for next time. The LMS is new to our organization, so we're all just trying to figure everything out. Thanks again for your help!

• Joshua.van.Wijk6262
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Jackie Senuk​ I'm glad that worked!

• Benjamin.J.572
    Benjamin.J.572 Posts: 3 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Joshua van Wijk​  and @Jackie Senuk​ ,

So, is my understanding of this correct, the Resume Behavior of a SCORM object is only available to a user who is enrolled as a Learner and not to a user "Viewing as a Learner"? (As this is what some of my testing suggests)

Thanks!

• Greg.S.896
    Greg.S.896 Posts: 3 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Joshua van Wijk​ The view as a student does work as it's supposed to work! Thanks!! It's too bad it doesn't work like the legacy upload, which works in any role.

Thanks,

Greg