Start Button Missing? Tried other solutions

Options
Shawn.Bell7218
Shawn.Bell7218 Posts: 28 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

I am in the unique position of content creator/instructor/admin and am switching to 'view as learner' to ensure quiz is working. The start button is missing completely and is not visible to my colleagues. I have already checked other problems in forums and have the following:

-Start and End dates complete

-Users are enrolled

-Published and course is active

I am really stumped on this one! I would appreciate your help.

-Shawn

Answers

• Shawn.Bell7218
    edited November 2022
    Options

Also, I am working in a 'Sandbox'

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 37
    edited November 2022
    Options

What is your role in D2L? As an admin (or with some admin-like privileges), you are unable to take quizzes - even when switching your view.

If you want to ensure a quiz is working in a sandbox, either:

• Manually create and enroll a test student in the course (which you can log in as or impersonate)
    • From Manage Quizzes, click the dropdown, then select Preview
  • Shawn.Bell7218
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Jason Henslee​  Excellent! Thank you. I did create a test student and completed a quiz with success. Upon completion, I discovered that the results from that quiz were not compiled. Is there a way to create these results with permanence? I used my e-mail for test learner and unsure how to login as this person.

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 37
    edited November 2022
    Options

The quiz submission should be there. Can you check Manage Quizzes > Drop-down arrow (next to the name of your quiz) > Grade?

Just open another browser (or private/incognito window), then use the Username and Password you set upon creation.

If you need to reset the password: https://documentation.brightspace.com/EN/le/user_management/instructor/reset_user_passwords.htm