🗺️ Connect with the Product Roadmap to learn more about the changes coming to Brightspace, Wave, and Creator+ over the next 6 Months!
Originally published March 11, 2019
An explanation of the various submission statuses in the Product Idea Exchange (PIE).
- While In Review, your idea is being reviewed by D2L against out What Makes an Idea Great guideline
- During this time, D2L may have questions or clarification, or could redirect you to a similar idea, to put in a helpdesk ticket, or to speak to your LMS admin.
- While in New status, the Community can now start to vote and comment on your idea.
- Ideas in Gathering Feedback are ideas about which we are seeking feedback from the Community, Product, and Leadership before committing to a status
- Ideas in Gathering Feedback are not committed to being developed and may move into any downstream status depending on the outcome of the research by the Product Manager.
- Ideas In Planning have been prioritized and placed on the roadmap, but are not yet in development. There is no commitment to release the feature.
- Ideas In Planning may be removed from planning if priorities have changed or a roadblock is discovered. In such cases, a Product Manager will provide a comment.
- Ideas that are Not Planned are not currently under consideration by a Product Manager as part of an upcoming roadmap initiative.
- Not Planned ideas may enter the D2L Product Roadmap at any time depending on priorities; voting and commenting on them is still important and helps determine our priorities.
- Ideas In Development are on our near term roadmap.
- An idea may be In Development over several releases depending on the scope of the feature.
Released / Partial Release / Partner
- Ideas in any of these statuses are now available to the intended audience in our current product.
- Partial Release will have an accompanying statement indicating the nature of the partial release.
- Ideas in any of these statuses will be kept in PIE for a minimum of 2 years, after which they will be moved to the Community in an offline list.
- Ideas may be placed in Under Consideration when a Product Manager is actively tracking the idea for an established product roadmap, but has not yet prioritized the idea in their backlog.
- Ideas that are placed in Under Consideration have no commitment to being planned/developed.
- Ideas may be Closed if it is for a tool or feature that no longer exists in D2L or functions in a way relevant to the request.
- Ideas may be Closed if they are older than 5 years and have less than 7 votes.
- Ideas that are Closed may be archived off the Product Idea Exchange within 6 months and moved to the Community in an offline list for review.
Upcoming Changes to the Product Idea Exchange
PIE: What Makes an Idea Great
Brightspace Roadmap & Ideas from PIE