🗺️ Connect with the Product Roadmap to learn more about the changes coming to Brightspace, Wave, and Creator+ over the next 6 Months!
The following suggestions are intended to make it easier for D2L's team to understand, track, and respond to your ideas. We also want other users to be able to find your ideas, promote them, and comment with their own use cases. This is not a comprehensive step by step, but more of a collection of tips and tricks for making sure that your idea gets maximum visibility.
For context, as we consider different ideas, we want to understand their potential value across our user base. As such, the overall number of votes per idea is important but we also evaluate ideas based on things such as:
- Number of votes over time and over the last 6-12 months.
- Number of votes by unique users, and different types of client organizations. ?
Please consider the following to make your ideas easier to discover and interact with:
- Search for duplicates or similar ideas before creating your idea. It can be helpful to reference similar ideas and build on them (eg. "D1234 requests that the spaceship flies in reverse, but we would also like it to flip upside down while flying in reverse…")
- Screen shots, mockups, or recordings are extremely helpful for illustrating your point for D2L's team as well as other clients who may be using different terminology or languages.
- Break multiple ideas into separate submissions. This will make it easier to address your idea and respond to it appropriately.
Notes on Status Definitions
- Learn more about the meaning of PIE Status Definitions.
- If your idea is marked as a Duplicate, we may link to an older idea that was listed as "Not Planned" at an earlier point in time. It is worth promoting and commenting on that idea, as we monitor votes and popularity of ideas over time.
- We will sometimes mark an idea as a Duplicate if it is similar enough to another idea that it could be addressed by the same feature or set of features.
- We may adjust the category, title, or add some tags to make it easier to direct your idea.
- Please note that "Not Planned" does not mean that your idea has been rejected or that it will never be done. It means that the idea is not currently on a defined roadmap--in other words, that it is not planned.