MediaObjects and AudioVideoProcessed in new Content Service/Media Library data sets

Options

In the new Content Service/Media library data sets, I'm a little confused about ContentIDs that exist in MediaObjects but not AudioVideoProcessed. I've noticed that we have many more rows in MediaObjects compared to AudioVideoProcessed, even though I assumed it would be the opposite.

Since most of the MediaObjects are not found in the AVProcessed data set, joining them results in a lot of nulls in the latter columns such as type or size. I assumed that the files would be processed when they are uploaded, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Is AVProcessed maybe only revisions/edits after the initial upload? If that's the case, how would I get the type and size of media objects that have not been edited?

What is being logged for LastModified in MediaObjects for the ones that don't also appear in AVProcessed even though they have a RevisionCount? What exactly is being modified if it's not a media processing job? Would that also include just editing the title? Adding it to a course?

Thanks in advance for any clarification on these data sets!

Best Answer

• Mark.P.634
    Mark.P.634 Posts: 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for clarifying, @Jennifer.W.973.

Yes, the MediaObjects data set also contains content objects that are not audio or video, and these objects will not have entries in AudioVideoProcessed.

Another thing to note is that AudioVideoProcessed only includes content object revisions that were successfully processed. If a content object revision failed to be processed, it will not appear in the data set. This would also contribute to the number of MediaObjects rows that do not have corresponding AudioVideoProcessed rows.

I hope this clears up your concerns about these two data sets.

Best regards,
    Mark

Answers

• Mark.P.634
    Options

Hi Jennifer,

To better answer your question, I would just like to clarify a few things.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're performing a Left Outer Join between the MediaObjects and AudioVideoProcessed data sets using the "ContentId" column? And in this joined table, you've found that there are some rows where the columns from AudioVideoProcessed are all set to null?

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 235 🌟
    Options

@Mark.P.634 Yes, that is correct. I had assumed that each entry in MediaObjects would have at least one media processing job logged in AudioVideoProcessed, but now I see that MediaObjects also includes SCORM objects instead of just audio and video files uploaded to the Media Library. I'll just filter out those blanks in the Type column.