Experience with Yuja Panorama with Brightspace?

Options

Hi everyone!

We have recently switched from Ally to Panorama and we are having some issues. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experience using Panorama in Brightspace, if they are also having issues, and how faculty and students are responding to Panorama.

Answers

• Sarah.W.901
    Sarah.W.901 Posts: 5 🌱
    Options

Hi Charity, We are currently evaluating Panorama, could you let me know what kinds of issues you are having? Thanks.

• Ruud.K.955
    Ruud.K.955 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

Hi Charity,

we are also interested to start using Yuja Panorama. I am curious about your experience with Panorama so far, could you tell us something about it?

• Melany.B.895
    Options

Hi Charity,

We also recently evaluated Yuja and it doesn't work quite well inside D2L without Chrome extension. So the vendor is working on updating their product for us to work in D2L, but I don't have ETA yet. Can you share your experience with Yuja? Thanks.

• Melody.M.385
    Options

I am also interested in hearing about experiences with Yuja Panorama and Blackboard Ally with Brightspace. We are evaluating both tools now for our community college, and have just heard the initial presentation from the companies this week.

It appeared that Panorama plans to implement inline remediation but it is not available until (possibly) the end of the year. The inline remediation would be very valuable to our faculty (and we designers) to be able to fix documents such as PPTX, PDF, Word, etc. inline instead of needing to download, fix/remediate in the respective programs, then upload back to the course.

We do work with Yuja as a company and use their video program integrated into Brightspace.

• Ruud.K.955
    Ruud.K.955 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

@Melany.B.895

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Also, do you know how Yuja Panorama works with other browsers?

We will get a demo soon and will share my findings with you then.

• Jamie.D.715
    Jamie.D.715 Posts: 10 🧭
    Options

Hi @Melany.B.895 - just quickly following up to see if there's been any change to your situation mentioned above re: Panorama not working as well in Brightspace without a Chrome extension; were they able to resolve this issue for you? Thanks in advance!

• Charity.D.164
    Charity.D.164 Posts: 5 🌱
    Options

We are still waiting but they are working on a solution—D2L and Yuja, I mean. There seems to be a disconnect in communication, but that also might be on our contract side—all community colleges in Tennessee now have a contract with both Brightspace and Yuja for Panorama at least. When I talk to our Yuja rep, they are always waiting to hear from D2L about setting up the javascript for it.

Panorama seems to work well in a variety of browsers. The problem is it requires users, both faculty and students, to install a browser extension. It's not just built-in like Ally was.