Hello everyone - thank you to all of you who were able to join the HE and K-12 advisory board...

Options
Michael.M.227
Michael.M.227 Posts: 65
edited November 2022 in Social Groups

Hello everyone - thank you to all of you who were able to join the HE and K-12 advisory board sessions last month. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to join me and I especially appreciate the healthy discussion and great feedback which was provided in both groups.

Here is a link to the recordings of those sessions if you were unable to join us.

HE Advisory Meeting

https://d2l.zoom.us/rec/share/0MSqewLs7f2tVUa12rV2nSOCqwZ9AsNum_tf7iebC_B6TiHnR88TdXD6y_Hzscu3.w6NzGgbScsVoBmWZ Passcode: t^+@2530

K-12 Advisory Meeting

https://d2l.zoom.us/rec/share/gDpoW8MviQxgWLZ99wOXIII9sgN89iFabO64mmpsF3eIKZFUSkG-fD4gORIVuoZA.7HBPtqIsts2QErt- Passcode: iq4^9M7Y 

As always, please reach out if you have any questions or additional feedback. I look forward to seeing you all again in July.

Mike

Comments

• Ryan.W.853
    Ryan.W.853 Posts: 5 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the recordings and sorry I wasn't able to make it last meeting. I also agree with the group about how to treat deleted rubric and outcomes data.

I have a follow-up question about the learning outcomes datasets and the June start date for those being available. What is the trigger for outcomes being recorded in the datasets? Is it when assessments are created, when they are published, when they are evaluated, etc? More specifically I am wondering if outcomes results associated with assessments created (and potentially published) before the June date, but not evaluated until after the date, will be included in the learning outcomes datasets? Or does everything (starting with assessment creation) have to happen after the June date?

Thank you!

Ryan

• Michael.M.227
    Michael.M.227 Posts: 65
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the great question. The new Outcomes Data Sets are event driven so the "event" of an action taking place is the trigger for when a data record is created. With this approach in mind, the creation date of the assessment or the alignment of the outcome to the assessment will not have any bearing on whether or not an assessment evaluation event will be captured. The only limiting factor will be when the evaluation takes place (either before or after the date of your June CD release deployment).

Beyond that, data records (events) will be created and captured at activity happens - such as when new outcomes are added (imported or created) to a course, when outcomes are aligned to assessment activities, when assessments are evaluated, when manual overrides are created, etc.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have other questions.

Mike